Could you ‘Go the Distance’ for Grove Cottage? Grab your team or go solo, choose your destination and challenge yourself to go the distance!
Date: July – September 2020
Event Details: We want to go the distance for our members by continuing to offer crucial social and educational services to local people of all ages who have a learning disability. Without the support of the community we simply would not be able to operate and for this we are extremely grateful.
Our ‘Go the Distance’ challenge is designed for EVERYONE meaning anyone can take part, get active, and raise much needed funds for us. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic we have had to think of new ways of fundraising after many of our events had to be postponed. Travelling has been off the cards for us all, so we have come up with an imaginative way to incorporate some of your favourite places, or maybe somewhere you always wanted to go, into an inclusive fundraising initiative.
How you can take part
- Decide whether to take part as an individual, or as a team with friends/family
- Choose your target destination or distance – either from the list below or create your own
- Pick your pace (ie. walk, jog, run, skip, hop, cycle)
- Register your interest below (only £5 per person)
- Set up an online fundraising page like Virgin Money or Just Giving and document your plans and efforts while asking for sponsorship.
Those who fundraise over £20 will receive a Grove Cottage medal.
- The Shard (310 meters)
- The width of Lake Windermere (1.49 km)
- The perimeter of Hyde Park (4.8 km)
- Grove Cottage to Big Ben (50 km)
- The Hadrian’s Wall Path (135 km)
- John o Grote’s to Land’s End (1,407 km)
- Grove Cottage to Paris (490 km)
- Grove Cottage to Berlin (1,127.62 km)
- Grove Cottage to Rome (1,841.86 km)
Distances are approx.
Please put your best foot forward and step up to the challenge of raising much-needed funds for Grove Cottage by taking part in this new initiative. Our Fundraising Team will be here to assist you in any way we can, and we look forward to seeing all the exciting ideas you come up with.
For further details please contact email@example.com